Curry spices flatter cauliflower, potatoes and chickpeas alike. Serve this zesty vegetable dish with flat bread, pita bread, naan, or over rice and garnish with some fresh cilantro (optional).
Ingredients, Serves 8
1 medium to large yellow onion, chopped
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
4-5 large or 8-10 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
2 15 oz. cans or one 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
Sukhi’s Classic Indian Curry Sauce (bought at Whole Foods Market)
1 cup frozen peas
– In large pan, add small amount of water and saute onion, potatoes and cauliflower until slightly softened.
– Add diced tomatoes and spice mixture and stir until combined.
– Add chickpeas, cover and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
– Add frozen peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
– Serve alone or over rice.
– Add salt and cracked pepper to taste and garnish with a touch of fresh cilantro (optional)